8 Must-buy food items from Big C Supercenter Rajdamri | Must-go in Bangkok

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

20140513_184825

Whenever I travel, I make it a point to visit the drugstores, local traditional markets and supermarkets in the country. In Korea, we got Lotte Mart and in Bangkok, there's Big C Supercenter.   

Since most people would choose to stay in the vicinity of Pratunam, the most convenient Big C Supercenter would be Big C Supercenter Rajdamri which is located directly opposite Central World. 


If you are not sure on which products to get, fret not because Big C has it all planned out for you! 

big c supercenter Rajdamri must go in bangkok (2)
Big C Thai Favourite Products

1) Pad Thai Stir-Fry Sauce

big c supercenter Rajdamri must go in bangkok (3)
Pad Thai Stir-Fry Sauce
 
Since I love Pad Thai and I enjoy cooking, this went straight into my grocery basket without much thought. Who wouldn't fancy whipping up some Thai food within minutes at the comfort of your own home? Plus, I haven't met anyone whom doesn't love Pad Thai!

2) Thai Milk Tea

 
big c supercenter Rajdamri must go in bangkok (4)
Nestea Milk Tea (Cha Yen)

When I saw this at Big C Supercenter, I almost screamed out loud. If you know me personally, I'm a big fan of Thai Iced Milk Tea. No matter how full I am, I will never fail to order a cup of Thai Iced Milk Tea whenever I have Thai food.
 
I always wondered how to make Thai Iced Milk Tea and I did try a couple of times but I didn't succeed. So without much hesistation, I picked a pack of Thai Iced Milk Tea and off it went into my shopping basket.

3) Tom Yum Instant Noodles
 

big c supercenter Rajdamri must go in bangkok (6)
#1 best-selling Tom yum seafood instant noodles

Although I'm not a big fan of instant noodles, we saw many tourists crowding around the aisle where instant noodles were displayed and this staff from Big C Supercenter Rajdamri told me that the Tom yum seafood instant noodles is the number 1 best selling product, followed by Tom yum goong instant noodles.

4) Tom Yum Goong Instant Noodles
 
big c supercenter Rajdamri must go in bangkok (8)
#2 best-selling Tom yum goong instant noodles

We picked up both the Tom yum seafood and Tom yum goong instant noodles and our conclusion is go for the Tom yum seafood one! We didn't really like the Tom yum goong instant noodles as we found the coconut milk taste too strong for our liking.
 
5) Pocky
 
big c supercenter Rajdamri must go in bangkok (11)
Pocky

I guess this needs no explanation. My favourite Pocky are the ones with blueberries and strawberries bits.


6) Pretz
 


big c supercenter Rajdamri must go in bangkok (16)
Pretz
 
 
Likewise for Pretz which doesn't require any further introduction since most of us are familiar with it. Do try the Tom yum flavoured ones, its a hit with most ladies in my office. You can see them munching on it during tea-break.

7) Lays potato chips

big c supercenter Rajdamri must go in bangkok (9)
Lays potato chips 


They have got flavours such as sweet basil, something different from our usual sour cream and onion etc.
 
8) Wang wang rice crackers
 
big c supercenter Rajdamri must go in bangkok (13)
 
This is more affectionally known to us as Wang Wang Xue Bing. If you are into cutesy packaging like I am, this is definitely a must-buy because its too cute to be missed! You will get what I mean if you check out the photos below.

big c supercenter Rajdamri must go in bangkok (14)

big c supercenter Rajdamri must go in bangkok (15)

Aside from the food items featured above, I also came across some other interesting items. 
 
big c supercenter Rajdamri must go in bangkok (5)
 
Rilakkuma fans alert! You will be in for a treat because there's so many Rilakkuma snacks available!
 
big c supercenter Rajdamri must go in bangkok (12)

big c supercenter Rajdamri must go in bangkok (10)
 
And if you're tired from all that grocery shopping, you will be pleased to know that there's a mini kiosk within Big C Supercenter Rajdamri itself that provides drinking water! How nice isn't it? I thought that was very thoughful of them.

big c supercenter Rajdamri must go in bangkok (17)
Drinking water kiosk at Big C Supercenter Rajdamri

big c supercenter Rajdamri must go in bangkok (18)
My Big C Supercenter haul!

On a side note, it is almost the end of the year again and this means the holiday season is nearing. I guess the best Christmas present for most of us, especially working adults like myself would be a getaway trip. A lot of people think that travelling is heavy on the pocket but it need not be if you do your homework and know where to source for the best travel deal! Personally, I prefer to go on budget for both flight and accommodation. My personal favourites include Jetstar and Scoot for budget flight tickets and Agoda.com and Hotels.com for accommodation booking. This way, I can save more for shopping!

As much as I try to travel light for overseas trips, I cannot live without my travel beauty essentials! They include facial wash, toner, moisturizer and sun block. I can do without makeup but certainly not so for skincare. For me, its skincare over makeup anytime! Ending off this post with a travel skincare tip - When travelling to other countries during Winter, be sure to pack along a cream-based moisturizer to prevent dry skin.

-------------------- CONNECT WITH --------------------

Google Friend Connect Twitter @yongwei318 Instagram @yongwei318 Google+ SweetestSins Facebook page SweetestSins

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats

Like us on Facebook